Friday 28 March 2014

Magpie Metallics



Get your spaceman on this spring with metallics and hologram all around. A good place to start when trying out a trend is with a bag and this clutch is one of my favourites, adding an eye catching accent to any outfit, with the rainbow holographic material making it very difficult to clash but creates a great focal point. The rainbow holographic trend also stretches to the gorgeous chunky sandals from spylovebuy, I am definitely going to get myself some of those. 

Although I was first skeptical of the "ugly" sandals spreading across the nation this fashion has actually grown on me, especially with these gold metallic Birkenstocks having a not so ugly take on the trend. They would look great with just black jeans and a tee for a laid back look, with the added bonus of extreme comfort they are putting an end to sore feet one fashonista at a time! Combining two more of this seasons hottest is this Topshop Metallic Sunflower Skort. Origami skirts seem to be everywhere since they first appeared on the high street in Zara, quickly disappearing off the shelves never to be seen again....until some savvy buyer cottoned on and they came back erupting onto every shops hangers never to be sold out again. Not that I am complaining, this skirt will be a key part of my summer wardrobe. You will never go wrong teaming metallics with a short chain necklace or some quirky sunglasses (as we are talking spring trends, with all that sun we get in England) and you're read to shine (just beware of magpies). 

2 comments:

  1. I don't like the sandals, I just can't get used to it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See I couldn't at first but the more I see them on the more I like them, only really in specific colour like these gold ones but the ones that are just like pool/slipper slide ons I really can't be dealing with!! Thanks for you comment though!! Love any comments!

      Delete